Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had a fabulous birthday, and I am looking forward to my 28th year! Here are some highlights:

Beautiful flowers and balloon from my coworker.


Stuart came over Friday night to cook me my favorite meal - "Rice Stuff". I have no idea what to call it. Whenever he asks me what I want him to make for dinner, I say, "that rice stuff." We should probably name it.


Birthday kiss from my man!


Jackson letting me know that just because it's my birthday, doesn't mean I get out of throwing toys for him.


Ava letting me know that just because it's my birthday, doesn't mean I should wake her from her slumbers.


Aren't they cute?


Joe made me homemade strawberry shortcake. We had it for dessert on Saturday night and breakfast Sunday morning. It was AWESOME.

So, that was my birthday, and it was fabulous. I got to hang out with my favorite people and just relax. I loved it. Of course, just because it was my birthday, doesn't mean I got out of some volunteer work. :-) Joe, Ava, and I went to do a home visit for this great woman in Alexandria. I've never seen Ava warm up to another house like she did this one. She walked in and it was like the house was hers! She was running around, playing with the resident IG, jumping up on the woman we were meeting (she NEVER does that!!), and making herself at home.

This is her sitting on Jake's bed. He actually lives there, and she was all, "move over, handsome, I need to rest." I had to get a picture. (Isn't Jake a sweet-looking boy? He's going to be getting a brother or sister soon!)

So, anyway, thank you for everyone's birthday wishes - it was a great day. I'm looking forward to the upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment