Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hermosa Beach, Calif.

I'm currently sitting in a beautiful hotel room in Hermosa Beach, California! What a beautiful area. Joe and I took the complimentary bicycles out for a ride this morning and had breakfast right on the beach. This is seriously the life.

We flew in yesterday around noon. Last night we spent a little time exploring the hotel and walking along the marina, where we saw fish, crab, and even a stingray in the shallow water. Unfortunately, the pool at our hotel is under construction, but they gave us free passes to the pool at a local fitness center, so we also spent a little time laying out in the sun yesterday.

We are here because our good friends, Heidi and Scott, are getting married on Saturday! We were able to catch up with Scott a little bit yesterday and everything seems to be going smoothly. He delivered us our welcome basket, full of wine, cheese, crackers, biscotti, and apples. A very sweet and generous gift.

We will see Heidi at the cocktail party her parents are hosting tonight. We have a few events to go to, as well as the wedding, and we are so excited about sharing in everything.

It's a little tough with the time difference. I was out like a light by 9:00 p.m. last night because I was still working on East Coast time, and we had been up at 5 a.m. EST that morning to catch the plane. I'm hoping to take a nap today and try to get on Pacific Time again.

I have to admit, I miss my dogs. Joe and I both do. Everyone has dogs here, walking along the beach, and we can totally see ourselves doing that. I really think both Ava and Jackson would love it. But they are being well taken care of by my mom, which is definitely a relief. If she hadn't agreed to come watch them, I don't think I could have relaxed and enjoyed this vacation. (Although, knowing that they are taken care of didn't prevent me from calling three times yesterday to check in on them!)

Okay, off for nap time. I'll try to blog while I'm here, and then upload all the pictures when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment