Friday, November 6, 2009

Working Again

I got a job! I am now working at a company called American Industrial Rubber Products, Inc. I know, pretty random. I go from working with financial institutions to children's birthday party supplies to industrial rubber hoses. But it's always fun to learn about a different industry, no matter how unrelated to your life it might seem.

I think this is going to be a great job for me. It's basically running their office activities - invoicing, managing accounts payable and accounts receivable, billing, filing, writing purchase orders, etc. Once I get familiar with the product, I will be able to help customers, and I'm also going to be able to delve into their marketing initiatives (they don't really have much going in that area right now).

The job is part time to start, which actually works well for me. I work Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, and since Joe has Thursdays off, the dogs only have to be home alone two days a week. And, since my parents are coming to visit for Thanksgiving again this year, working only part time gives me more time to spend with them. So, it all seems to be working out.

Other than the new job, there isn't much else new to report. Jackson went to the vet yesterday and received a clean bill of health, which was awesome. Not that we were worried, but with everything going on with Ava, we wanted to make sure we didn't neglect anything that could be going on with Jackson.

Ava is still doing good. The vet decreased her medication to half of what she was on and she is still responding great to it, so that is a very good sign. The less Prednisone she needs to be on, the better. Her ears are starting to look better too! But because she is feeling better, she is back to being our little pill. She has been jumping up onto the kitchen table and trying to get on the counters lately. Last night we took Jackson for a walk and came back to one of my favorite coffee cups broken all over the kitchen floor because she jumped up and knocked it off the counter. I'm sure she smelled the food left over on our dinner plates and decided she needed to have it. Ugh! Luckily, she didn't cut herself. We just need to be extra careful about putting stuff away. Crazy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment