Friday, April 9, 2010

Financial Peace University

As a lot of you know, Joe and I have put ourselves on a money management program put together by financial guru Dave Ramsey and found in his book The Total Money Makeover. Last night we had the opportunity to attend, for free, the first class in a series of classes called "Financial Peace University".

Silly me actually though Dave Ramsey might be there. haha. I thought he might be traveling all over the country, meeting fans and speaking to them about financial freedom. And then I showed up to the church this class was held at, saw the 10 people who actually showed up, and realized Dave gets paid thousands of dollars for appearances and I wasn't seeing him today. haha

It was still a great class, though. The faciliator was a follower of Dave's (started with $250,000 of debt, and will be debt free (including his home) in five years) and basically chatted with us a few minutes and then started a DVD. I guess this "Financial Peace University" is a series of DVDs of Dave speaking. It was a good speach and Joe and I walked away from it proud of ourselves for doing this for our future. But because we've already read the book, and the classes just follow the books, there is no need for us to attend the classes.

Anyway, that was our big Thursday night. :)

I'll leave you with a photo of the little one, just because I tend to hate blog posts without at least one photo. It's officially Spring people, and Ava and I couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment