Saturday, May 29, 2010

No Internet and Apparently I'm Old

So, we lost internet at our apartment, and we won't be getting it back before we move. So, I'm at Starbucks right now checking email, cruising Facebook, and basically taking care of my social media addiction. All while drinking an iced americano and eating a multigrain bagel. I love it here.

But I have officially realized that I'm behind the times. I am actually embarrassed sitting here with my laptop, while everyone - yes EVERYONE - around me is cruising the internet on their blackberries and iPhones. My little Mac laptop looks huge. Like, I actually feel like I'm walking around with one of those bag phones while everyone else is on a cell.

This must be what it feels like to be old. This must be what my mom feels like every time I make fun of her for not being 'up' on technology. "Welcome to the 90's mom, geez!" I'd always say. Yep, now I feel like all these people around me are saying that to me.

Oh, and did I mention that my mom now has a Blackberry??? Entering the Twilight Zone....

I turned 29 and I'm officially old. I concentrate on paying bills and saving for a wedding rather than getting the best of the best in technology. LAME.

My mom turns 50-something and she ditches her job, travels the world, and gets a frickin' Blackberry.

What the hell is going on?


(Love you mom. I'm just jealous.)

No comments:

Post a Comment