Saturday, May 1, 2010

Road Trip

Joe and I have decided that we really want to start exploring the East Coast. We've lived here for almost two years and haven't really taken advantage of it. And everything is so close, that it really doesn't take too much time to travel places.

Last weekend we took a day trip into Boston. We parked in the city center and walked to Faneuil Hall, walked around and browsed through all the shops, and then had lunch. I bought a Boston T-shirt that I plan to wear to our first Red Sox game in Fenway Park, and we just had a really good time.

This weekend we are taking an overnight trip to Portland, Maine! I've never been to Maine before and it's only about a 4 hour drive. Originally, of course, I wanted to road trip it to Bangor, Maine, and tour around Stephen King's stomping ground. But, that is a 6-hour drive, and since we have to wait to leave until Joe gets done with his Lion's Club event this morning, it just didn't make sense.

Someday I'll get up there, though.

But we are both looking forward to this trip and seeing someplace new. I found an inexpensive pet-friendly hotel, and all four of us are heading out in a couple hours.

I'll post pictures when we get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment