Sunday, July 12, 2009

Free Billy and Elton Concert

We had quite an interesting night last night. Billy Joel and Elton John played a concert at a stadium right next door to Stuart's apartment. Stuart has a rooftop pool and deck, so we decided we should go up there during the concert to see if we could hear any of the concert.

Joe and I headed downtown early to beat the crowds and did a little more sightseeing before heading over to Stuart's. There are a few things we want to do here before we leave, and need to fit it all in in three weeks.

On this trip, we visited the Capital Building, which is something we never got around to seeing before.



Then we headed to Stuart's. His parents are here visiting, so we all had dinner and drinks and headed up to the rooftop deck. It was so much fun! We could hear the concert and see the light show - we were all singing along to our favorite songs and had a great time. I was pretty excited with Billy Joel sang We Didn't Start the Fire!



I know this is a weird picture, but I thought it was funny that Stuart and his friends got in the pool during the concert. :-) He has the life, I tell you!

You probably won't be able to hear much from these videos (they were taken by Joe's phone), but I thought I would share anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment