Monday, July 27, 2009

Kayaking in the Potomac

Stuart took Joe and I on quite an adventure on Saturday! We went kayaking in the Potomac River! We had such a great time. It was a nice warm day.



Lincoln Memorial in the background.

Washington Monument in the background!



Okay, so then Joe had a little mishap. Of course, he blames it on me, because apparently he was trying to push my kayak away from his kayak, and when he did that, a wave hit him and he tipped over!

It was so scary because he couldn't get a hold of the kayak, it kept barrel rolling on him. But he handled it like a pro. Stuart tried to help him turn the kayak back over, but it was filled with water, so Stuart ended up toeing Joe to shallow water where they both could get out of their kayaks and turn it over.

Of course, instead of helping, I took pictures:

Stuart toeing Joe to shore.

The boys standing in the shallow water.

It's definitely something we will be talking about for a long time! The only real bad thing was that Joe had my purse in the kayak with him, so I may have lost use of my cell phone and iPod. Everything else in my purse will just have to dry out.

Fun times! Definitely one of the coolest things we have done in the city. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment