Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Possible Apartment and a Foster Dog

Joe got home this morning around 1:00 a.m., just completely wiped. I don't think I have ever seen him fall asleep that fast. He ended up seeing five different places available for rent and only found ONE that was worthwhile. Actually, he saw four super rundown, dirty apartments in the ghetto, and one perfect, clean, and new apartment in a great part of town. I guess it's perfect - exactly what we were looking for.

The only problem is that the owners are actually trying to sell it (so they don't know if they want to rent it right away or wait to see if they get a bite) AND they are unsure about renting to someone with two dogs. Joe tried to reassure them that our dogs were not going to be an issue, but they are still hesitating. This place is where we are meant to be... so please send out good vibes for us!

So, when Joe got home at 1:00 a.m., he was greeted by one of our Rescues - Honey! Sometimes I don't know why he sticks around. Like we don't have enough going on, right? Well, Honey needs to have her spay done on Friday and her current foster home was going out of town for a few days for a dog show. I couldn't find anyone else to take her for those few days, and I have a soft spot in my heart for her, so I said we would take her!


Of course, I work all day, so really it's Joe who gets to take care of her...

She's such a sweet girl and came to us in pretty poor condition (I always have a soft spot for the hard cases). Her teeth were rotted and she already had to have most of her teeth pulled. She has recovered from that surgery, and just needs to get her spay done before she will be ready to be adopted. And I want her to get adopted soon!

They say these dogs are velcro dogs - meaning they stick by you 24/7 - and Honey is like the stickiest, most durable velcro ever! She just follows you around, waiting for you to sit down, and then launches herself at you and cuddles up as close as possible. She just wants to be loved and I hope I can find her a family who will do that.

Ava is actually very patient with her, which is awesome. Honey is taking up a lot of "mom-time" and "lap-time", but Ava just kind of makes her way around Honey like she understands she needs some of the love and attention Ava gets on a daily basis. I'm so proud of her!

Jack was very interested in her at first, but quickly realized that it was just another one of those damn iggies around and is pretty much ignoring her now. :-)

Anyway, I guess it's time for me to get ready for work. I've been up since 6:00 a.m. when Honey decided she needed to pee... Wish Joe luck today! And send us good thoughts on that apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment