Monday, December 7, 2009

New York - Day 1

Friday morning my parents and I took the train down to New York City - seriously the best city on Earth! I love NYC - love, love, love it! I was able to go in when we first moved to CT, when I went for Birthday in a Box, but I'm bummed we haven't been able to head there since. So I was very excited that my parents wanted to take us there. Joe had to work on Friday, so he couldn't come with us the first day, so it was just me and my parents.

Our first stop was lunch - we ate at Carnegie Deli, a famous deli that is in my mom's "1,000 Things To See Before You Die" book. There was a huge line to get in. They are famous for their HUGE sandwiches. They cost around $25 per sandwich, and you are supposed to share, because no way can one person eat one sandwich.

Waiting in line.

My mom and dad shared the most enormous rueben sandwich ever.

When we finished our lunch, a guy came and sat down at the adjoining table. Turns out, he was the owner of the deli! It was the closest I've been to a celebrity sighting!

After lunch we walked around a little bit, found our way to 5th Avenue where all the fancy stores are (Louis Vuitton, Prada, Gucci, Bergdorf Goodman, Tiffany's, ect.), and toured around Central Park. It was a beautiful day and it was so much fun!

Tiffany's

Ice skating rink in Central Park.

Central Park.

That night we went down to Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall to catch the Rockettes Christmas Show. None of us have ever seen the Rockettes before. It was a great show, something everyone should see.

The tree at Rockefeller Center... SO beautiful!!

Rockefeller Center

Gotta love the subway! It's the only way to travel.

The famous Radio City Music Hall.

My dad and I had to get "Rocketinis". They came in cool collectable glasses shaped like legs. Cheesy, but fun.

After the show, we went back to our hotel in Brooklyn and crashed for the night. It was a great first day in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment