Monday, December 7, 2009

New York - Day 3

I couldn't stop smiling all day on Sunday. It was sooooo cold, but even that couldn't bring me down off of my high. I know, I know, sappy! But true!

We had most of the day to kill before we needed to catch the train back home, so we took the subway downtown and toured around a bit. We went to Ground Zero and saw the new building-in-progress. Not much to see there anymore, just lots of construction. Then we headed to Battery Park and walked all along the East River. You could see the Statue of Liberty in the distance.

Battery Park

See her behind us?

We hopped on the Staten Island Ferry to take a free trip across the river, right past Miss. Liberty. It's such a great (and cheap!) way to see it.

On the ferry.

Statue of Liberty!

Our last stop was the Empire State Building. We didn't have time to go up to the top, so we just walked around it.


Of course, the Empire State Building was right next to Macy's, so we had to make a pit stop there to check out their famous window displays before we headed back underground.


We were a little late getting home, and all four of us were exhausted, but we arrived home to two VERY excited pups, who we missed very much. A HUGE thank you to Joe's cousin Jessica, who drove over and hour from Massachusetts to stay with Ava and Jackson Saturday night. The trip wouldn't have been possible without her, and boy - I had no idea what I would have missed out on!!

I already miss New York City and as much as I loved it before, it is now SO much more amazing and special to me. I have a feeling there will be many more trips to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment