Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Family in Town

It's been a busy few days! My mom has been in town ever since we got back from vacation. She dog sat while we were gone and decided to stay for a few weeks. My aunt flew in from Wenatchee on Saturday night, so we went and picked her up. This was a big deal for her - she HATES to fly, and has never flown alone in her life. She sucked it up and faced her fears... so she could come visit me and see Washington D.C. I'm so happy she did - it's been really fun having her here!

Sunday we went into Alexandria, Georgetown, and downtown Washington D.C. I tried to experience all I could with my aunt before I had to go to work and she was on her own with my mom - two wild and crazy gals in the city! haha We all had a drink at Joe and my favorite D.C. bar, Old Ebbitts Grill (okay I had two drinks, but who's counting). All four of us were tired out by the time we got home.

My mom and aunt took a tour bus around D.C. yesterday and got to see a lot. They are giving Joe and me their tickets for tonight's evening tour. We're finally going to see this town like tourists, which we never really did when we moved here.

I've been really busy with Rescue over the last week as well, so it's been tough to find the time to get on here and post updates. I'll try to be better, I promise. Photos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment