Monday, June 29, 2009

Super Fine at 39

Joe had his 39th birthday on June 17, and I forgot to blog about it. Bad me. We had a nice day, though. He had an early morning meeting that morning, so he left the house early. Once he was gone, I hopped out of bed and started decorating the apartment. I knew he would beat me home that afternoon, so I thought it would be nice for him to come home to balloons and streamers. My mom and aunt Kathy were still here at that point, so I enlisted their help in decorating too.

Then, I surprised him and took off half a day so we could spend more than a couple hours together during his birthday. I came home around 1:00, and I was hoping to take him and the dogs on a short hike, but it started pouring down rain, so we ended up having to stay indoors.
He opened presents once my mom and aunt came home after running some errands. My mom and aunt got him Captain Crunch and a recipe for Captain Crunch French Toast (now a bit of a joke in the family) and I got him tickets for two baseball games - one Nationals game and one Orioles game.

Then we went out to dinner at B.D. Mongolian Wok. It was great (not as good as the Wok-a-Bout in Wenatchee, but decent).

All in all, I think it was a good birthday for him. Here are some pictures:

This is what his sister sent us. Joe was absolutely THRILLED! :-)

We have been super busy over the last several weeks, but I wanted to do something special with some of our friends, too, to celebrate his birthday. So, this last Saturday, I invited a few people over to play poker. We had a great time! We snacked on some food, I made jello shots, and we battled over Texas Hold 'Em. Surprisingly, I won!

Didn't get any pictures, though. I'm such an idiot.

Anyway, happy birthday Joe! I look forward to many more shared birthdays together!

No comments:

Post a Comment