Thursday, October 15, 2009

Just an Update

So, I was informed that it has been a week since my last post, and I needed to get on it. :) There really haven't been many big events this week and we haven't taken any pictures, so I guess that is why I haven't posted.

But, I do have some good news. Ava is getting much better! Joe and I just noticed that she has finally started gaining weight, which was a HUGE issue. Her little bones are starting to get covered up and you can't see her ribs as much. She still has more to gain, but she'll get there. She is eating like a horse lately. Last night she even got me up in the middle of the night so she could go downstairs to eat. And we finally found treats she can eat, so she's getting a lot. And she is always hungry. I think that is a side effect of the drugs she is on. It's been a plus so far because she SO needed to gain weight, but once she gets the weight on, we're going to have to watch her food intake.

I've been going to some job interviews lately. I interviewed with the Connecticut Humane Society last week and have since job shadowed with them twice. It's a great job, working with the animals and getting a lot of exercise, but the pay is really, really low. Today, I went to another job interview with a non-profit called New Opportunities, Inc. It's a wonderful social services agency that does a lot of good in the community and would be a fantastic experience. Plus, it pays great! But it's tough competition, so I just have to wait an see if I made a good enough impression. I should find out the middle of next week.

And we are officially getting into winter here - it started snowing today! Mostly snow mixed with rain, but I couldn't believe it and boy, did it get COLD. It's freezing and I know I have four months of this to look forward to. :( I really don't mind the snow, I like it actually, but I hate being cold. Joe and Jackson love this weather, but Ava and I just want to hibernate.

So, that's been what has been up with us. Hope everyone is having a good week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment