Friday, September 10, 2010

Jackson at Work

Today is going to be a long day for the doggies, since right after work we are heading to Wenatchee. I looked at Jackson this morning and just started feeling bad - he is so patient with us, with everything we have going on, and never really complains that we aren't taking him on hikes or trips to the dog park at much as we have in the past.

I knew that one of the dogs that is normally in the office would be gone today, so I decided to test Jackson's 'work'-ability.

We arrived to work early, before the doors had even been unlocked, so he could get a sense of the place before all the commotion set in. I tossed his dog bed under my desk and took him out into our courtyard to pee. On the way to the courtyard he peed on a cubicle wall - great start!

He did okay when people started showing up, and even held his tongue when Ellie, our other resident dog, came into his new turf. There have been a few squabbles, which I expected, but he actually hasn't been too bad. He's settling in now and just hanging out under my desk, guarding all of the toys he can find.

And I feel good that at least he gets some solid attention today. Hopefully he'll be tired out enough for a good nap in the car on the way to Wenatchee tonight.


2 comments:

  1. I've taken one or more of my dogs to work with me but only on a weekend because they aren't allowed during the week. Somehow, they snuck away from me and left the evidence of their presence - yikes. The boss's dog is allowed anytime :-( Anyway, I always feel badly about leaving mine and wish I could always take one with me. That was a real treat for Jackson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's not good that he left someone a little present. lol. It's really nice to have the option to bring them to work. I wish more offices would allow it! It's easier to bring Ava, but Jackson loves the adventure, too. :)

    P.S. - WHY are you working on the weekend??? :)

    ReplyDelete