Sunday, March 28, 2010

An Hour in Boston

Yesterday ended my mom's week here in Connecticut. We had a fabulous week and got a lot done! I was sad to see her go, but she'll be back in June with my aunt and family friend, and I'm sure it will go by fast.

She flew out of Boston at 6:15 p.m., so Joe and I decided to drive her up early so we could spend a bit of time downtown together. We put 'Boston Common' in the GPS and got there fairly early. But then, of course, we proceeded to drive around the park for 30 minutes trying to find parking! I was driving and apparently making my mom and Joe a bit nervous, so we finally pulled into the very expensive underground parking lot, just so we could actually get out and walk around a bit.

I love this picture! I haven't spent a whole lot of time in Boston, but I just love the feel of it and this picture, with the park and the city skyline, just makes me happy. Good energy here.

Yes, I am a complete tourist. I insisted we go to the Bull & Finch (aka Cheers) for drinks. My mom had already been there, but Joe and I hadn't.

My mom with her beer and my large glass of wine. (Soooo yummy!)

Not the best picture of me, but oh well...

This next picture is on the way back home after dropping my mom off at the airport. We stopped at a gas station to get some water and Joe had to get some Hostess cupcakes. He was eating them and got chocolate all over his hands and was asking me to take the wheel but I thought it was so funny, I took a picture. Husband-to-be not so happy.

heehee

It was a fun trip, even though it was pretty rushed. One of these days, Joe and I will get up to Boston to really explore it. I think we will both really love it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment