Thursday, March 11, 2010

Things I Love Thursday

Recently I started following a blog called "The Diaper Diaries". Ever since I worked at Birthday in a Box, I've been a huge fan of these 'mom blogs'. I used to follow them to keep up-to-date on what moms out there thought about birthday parties and such (for research)... and I guess I got hooked. I still follow a lot of them and I learn a lot from them. Plus, most of them post about coupons and money savers, and some even offer giveaways, and you know I'm always up for saving money.

Anyway, this new 'mom blog' I found has a weekly post called "Things I Love Thursday". She posts about something she loves and then asks her readers to do the same and link back to her blog.

I thought that sounded like fun, so here we go.

7 Random Things I Love:

1. Starbucks!!

I'm a true Seattle girl, I guess, because I really love Starbucks. Although, a lot of that could be because I have no access to a Starbucks where I live (well, there is one - but it's FOREVER away) and don't we always want what we can't have? Currently, I am digging Americanos. Joe and I don't allow ourselves too many trips to Sbux, but when we do, we savor it. (Yes, I got him hooked, so sue me!).

2. Modern Family
Have you seen this show?? OMG, it is the FUNNIEST half hour of my week, seriously. Joe and I love it. Every single episode makes us laugh. Especially the characters of Mitch & Cameron. Too awesome!

3. Wine
There is nothing better than starting the day off with an awesome cup of coffee, and ending the day with an awesome glass of wine. Joe and I found a super cheap bottle that we love at our local wine shop, so whenever we have an extra few dollars, we treat ourselves to a bottle of wine.

4. Loungewear

I really wish I was the type of girl who got all dressed up to go to the grocery store and had the perfect makeup on all the time. But I'm not. I'm a hop-into-my-sweats-as-soon-as-I-get-home type of girl. I love nothing more than my loungewear. Sorry, Tim Gunn.

5. Naps
I tell everyone that sleeping is my favorite hobby. I CANNOT stay awake if I'm tired. I can sleep anywhere and anytime. I just love the feeling of curling up and letting that blanket of sleep come over me. Which is the number one reason you should never let me drive longer than about an hour on road trips.

6. Books
I have always been a bookworm. I was the girl in school who read during recess and missed her bus stop because she was in the middle of a chapter and didn't look up. And I continue to be a bookworm. My favorite books are written by Stephen King, but I do dabble in other books as well. Someday I'll have my own library in my home, and I can't wait. I have tons of old books from my gramma (who I inherited my bookworm-ness from) and someday they will all be displayed as they were meant to be.

7. Woot
I just found out about this site from a friend of mine in the Italian Greyhound world. And although I haven't allowed myself to buy from it yet (saving for a wedding after all) I look each day to see what they feature. It's SUCH a cool site!

So there you have it. A few things on my 'love' list. Tell me a few things on yours!

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure we're long lost sisters--wine? Modern Family? Comfy clothes to lounge in? Naps? Books? Starbucks?

    It's like we're practically bloggy best friends!

    xo & love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we didn't live 2,000 miles apart, I would say we should totally get together one Wednesday night, throw on our loungewear, grab a glass (or three) of wine, and watch Modern Family. :) haha

    Glad I have a soul sister out there!

    ReplyDelete