Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Whirlwind Weekend Trip to Seattle

I had the BEST weekend!

My friend, Heidi, flew me out to Seattle for the weekend so I could celebrate my engagement with all the people I love. And she took very, very good care of me all weekend. We were both running around like crazy women with no time to really sleep or eat, but somehow it was one of the BEST times I've ever had!

I flew in on Friday night. Heidi picked me up at the airport and we headed to her house in Edmonds. We chatted until midnight when we both crashed into bed.

The next morning we got up and headed down to her favorite neighborhood coffee shop for breakfast. They knew her by name, which was pretty cool. Her husband, Scott, met us for breakfast and then we parted ways as we headed out for my first time wedding gown shopping!

What an amazing experience! The first place we went to was very fancy and the consultant was so good - she just seemed to 'get' me and my style. She had me tearing up as I stood in front of the mirror, looking at myself. I have seriously never felt that beautiful in my entire life. Unfortunately, her dresses were way out of my price range. :( By the time I left, though, I was pretty much willing to serve all of you oatmeal during the reception and honeymoon in my own house just so I could afford that dress. But Heidi talked me out of it and reminded me we had two others places to go that day.

I did find some great (cheaper) options at the other two stores, and although I didn't end up buying a gown that day, I have definitely solidified my 'style' and I couldn't be more excited!

Also on Saturday, I got to see our wedding venue for the first time! Everyone was waiting with held breath to see if I liked it. And of course I LOVED it! It's absolutely perfect, I couldn't have asked for anyplace better. Joe's family came up early and met us at the venue as well, and everyone agreed it was perfect.

That night I had dinner with the soon-to-be in-laws and then my soon-to-be sister-in-law drove me down to the airport so we could pick up my mom, who was flying in from Maryland. By the time we all got back to the hotel we were staying at, all of us crashed like a ton of bricks!

The next day, Sunday, was a relaxing morning. We woke up, had breakfast, and then my mom and I hooked up with a friend of mine who had driven up from Wenatchee. We all hung out in downtown Edmonds, walking along the water and catching up. It was great!

All of the above, and I got NO pictures. Serious fail on my part.

Then on to the bridal shower! The shower started at 1:00 and Heidi's in-laws graciously allowed her to host the party at their house. And I have to say, Heidi and her mother-in-law completely outdid themselves. They made so much food and pulled out all the stops. I have never felt so special... seriously.

About 15 of my closest friends and family came to celebrate with me. Some people I haven't seen in years and it was just SO nice to see everyone! And everyone had a great time. Luckliy, my mom and cousin took some pictures, so at least I have evidence of this spectacular party!

No, this was not a baby shower! haha My dear friends Ed and Jessica recently had TWINS (!!) and brought them to the shower so I could meet them. Jacquelyn and Abigail Smiddy are seriously the CUTEST little girls and it was so nice to meet them. My mother (pictured above) pretty much kidnapped Abigail as soon as she came through the door. hmm... is she hoping to be a gramma again soon?? One thing at a time, mom! Geesh!

Jacquelyn and me.

My aunt Kathy, me, and my mom. (Oh, and my Starbucks, heehee)

My cousin Christi, me, and my dad (who just returned from 6 weeks in the Cayman Islands!)

Apparently, something interesting was happening near the door...

My cake! Isn't it beautiful??

I love the way Jessica (far right) is looking at her daughter in this picture. To think she can still look at that little girl with so much adoration, even though she and her sister have pretty much eliminated sleep from their lives. haha

Joe's sister and niece being the gorgeous women they are!

My friend Janet from Wenatchee, her boyfriend Kenny, and my kindred spirit Amanda (a dog trainer in the Seattle area.)

My soon-to-be in-laws, Joe and Connie! I got lucky with these two, trust me!

Janet and Kenny

Christi, Kathy, and my Dad.

I just can't thank everyone enough for such a wonderful weekend. I'm still trying to catch up on sleep! Can't wait to see everyone again - hopefully this time with Joe so he can celebrate as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment