Friday, June 25, 2010

Joe's 40th: Day 3, Tour of Fenway Park

So, I have to post a little out of order here, and for those of you who know me, you know that is absolutely killing me. But I don't have any pictures of our time at the Red Sox game because I forgot my camera in the car (big surprise, I forgot something, I know) and Cindy took all the pictures. And she is sending them to me in the mail. So, you'll just have to wait. :)

We were actually supposed to take the tour of Fenway Park prior to the game. We were going to take the last tour of the day, where we would have been able to see the players warming up on the field. It would have been awesome. And we would have made it, except they changed the time of the game to an hour earlier to accommodate the Celtics, who were in the basketball playoffs. (That city really rallys behind their sports teams, let me tell you.)

So once we got done with lunch, checked into our hotel, and took a taxi to the ballpark, we had just missed the last tour. I was pretty disappointed, because I knew Joe really wanted to take that particular tour, but we made up for it with some shopping.

Anyway, we took the tour the following morning (Friday). There were a TON of people and it was super hot out, but it was still pretty awesome.

Joe was the only one who got searched. He must have looked dicey.

We got to hear the history of the park, the team, and the team's infamous rivalry with the New York Yankees. It was actually really interesting. It's really an amazing history. That stadium will be 100 years old in 2012, at which time it will become a historical landmark and will never be able to be torn down. I hope it makes it because there is so much history there and so many little nuances - it should never be torn down!


Don't ask me why Joe looks so pissed in this picture. It was really his perfect day and he had so much fun.

Sitting much closer than we were at the actual game!

The famous Green Monster!

Box seats.

More of the stadium.

The last manual scoreboard. I guess there is a 30-year wait to do this job. Amazing.

The digital board.

Another shot of the stadium.

That beautiful grass.

Batting practice cage.

More of the stadium.

See that red seat back there? That marks the longest home run in Fenway history. It actually hit a guy on the head!

It was an amazing morning and I LOVED hearing all about this park that Joe loves so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment