Monday, August 23, 2010

Ava Turns 4

Ava turned four on August 22, 2010!

Which means I adopted her about 3 years ago, when she was 9 months old. It's been quite an eventful 3 years. She has traveled all over the country with me, scared me with her major health issues, annoyed me with her food obsession, made me laugh with her crazy antics, and overall has taught me so much.

So, we celebrated with a very small family party at home. Her birthday was MUCH calmer than Jackson's, but she got exactly what she wanted:

1. A special dinner of apples and carrots (two of the only things other than dog food that she can eat).




2. Naps. She napped with me for a couple hours and napped in her bed under covers for most of the rest of the day.


3. Her mom! Ava loves Joe to death, but she will always be a mommy's girl.

Happy birthday baby girl! Here's to many, many more years together!

3 comments:

  1. aww i know exactly how you feel! i have a 1.5 year old IG... i LOVE her so much it hurts! it's such a funny coincidence but i randomly found your blog from the post you commented on about dog insurance... i have trupanion for my IG too! such a funny coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a small world! Aren't iggies just wonderful? They are such sweet little things. And I love how much they love to cuddle. My girl will snuggle with me anytime, anywhere!

    ReplyDelete