Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wenatchee Weekend Fun

This weekend Joe and I were in Wenatchee visiting my family. We had a great time! We had a ton to do, but we managed to fit it all in, plus have time to relax by my aunt's pool for a bit.

My aunt was making fun of the fact that we were laying in the shade.

It was my dad's birthday, and since there was so much going on this weekend, he kind of got shafted. But we did spend a lot of time together, I dragged myself to family breakfasts with him at the unearthly hour of 7:30 a.m., and we fit in a movie as well - The Sorcerer's Apprentice. It was actually a pretty decent movie!

My dad is so great and didn't complain one bit that his birthday kind of got lost in the mix. But it was still important for me to spend his day with him (since I haven't been able to the last two years), because he is truly an amazing father! Love you dad!

The dogs had a fabulous time running in my other aunt's yard. They seriously love running in the grass and laying out in the sun. Every time we go there, I realize we really need to find a place with a yard.

Saturday night was my niece's bachelorette party! We had so much fun hanging out with family and friends at my sister-in-law's house.

My sister-in-law and her sister.


The bride-t0-be (on the right)

I was also able to have my own wedding dress fitting this weekend, but I'm not posting pictures of that! I'll just say that I'm extremely lucky to have a friend who is a seamstress - she made me feel so beautiful in my dress, and she is going to do such a fabulous job.

Stay tuned for pictures of my niece's wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment