Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I know, I know, I haven't even finished with my Halloween posts and now here I am talking about Christmas. But you KNOW me, and you KNOW how much I love Christmas! (Only 51 days to go!!)

And one of the best things about Christmas is Christmas cards! I've always been a fan of sending out Christmas cards, and when I met Joe it became even sweeter - and I realized how much fun it can be to send out those cheesy family cards showing us with our furry family.

But now - now! - we are married!! Which makes it soooooo much sweeter to send out family cards. Which I absolutely plan to do. And I plan to turn to Shutterfly to create my cards because Shutterfly has been good to me over the last few months. I ordered my guest book from them. I ordered a gift for my groom from them. I ordered my dad's birthday card from them.

So, I've started looking around to see which cards I might like to choose this year. And they have so many cute designs, it's going to be hard to narrow it down. Here are a few of my favorites:

I tend to be drawn to those designs that include one main picture. This design is lovely. Simple and elegant.

Then there is this one, which is a bit more fun. I love the black and white photo and love the phrase at the top. I think I like a phrases more than just the simple "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays".

But this is my favorite. The phrase may seem overused to some, but I love what it implies (see the title of this post) and the design is simple but fun.

So, what style of card will I end up choosing to send out? It's still up in the air. But I thank Shutterfly for the opportunity to write this post to start the process of figuring it out.

Do you send out holiday cards?

2 comments:

  1. I don't send out as many as I used to but still do send them out. I don't create my own but I do make sure that the message inside is meaningful. And, not that you asked but I like the second one the best - but all of them are good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! I think it's so nice to get personalized cards. And I sometimes falter between doing the photo card or a regular card where I write something inside.

    ReplyDelete