Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend

Not really a lot to report lately. It's been pretty quiet here, which is pretty remarkable considering... wait for it.... we're getting married this week!! *woot!*

We had a pretty relaxed weekend, and I think we both needed that. Well, I know I did. Saturday Joe went to work and when I woke up I realized that it was 11:30! I haven't slept that late in years, so I'm guessing I needed the rest. Maybe I've been more stressed than I think? I took the dogs for a long walk, and then crawled back into bed and watched TV on the computer until Joe came home from work. It was awesome.

Stuart flew into town on Thursday, so Joe and I took a drive out to Port Orchard (where his family lives) to visit him Saturday night. We had a great time catching up, and I was happy to have a relaxing visit before all the craziness of the wedding festivities begin.

Sunday we ordered some more last-minute things for the wedding and went to the library to pick out some books for the honeymoon. Then we came home, packed for the honeymoon, and spent the rest of the night dancing around to our reception playlist, making some last-minute tweaks. (Okay, maybe I was the one dancing...)

So that was basically our weekend. Now it's back to work for four days, after which starts the biggest event so far in my life. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Funny how sometimes we don't even realized we are that stressed and how our bodies always know when we need some healing - sleep is the best medicine sometimes. At least this is GOOD stress, right? I wish you all the best Heather - what a beautiful time of year to get married! Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely good stress! My body definitely needed the rest, and I feel very relaxed this week, which I never thought would be the case! Thank you so much for your well wishes. You are so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete